Deadly Days

 Two deaths in the last two weeks. One I heard today, is of my school principal. We called her Princi Mam. She was scary, not exactly like Miss.Trunchball. She never took any lessons for ud. But when she did come walking in the corridor, everyone would go silent. 

She would inspect us preparing for Sports day or Independence day March and shout, stand straight. You are not old ladies and grandpas. Walk straight. Keep your back straight. 

Another of her pet peeve was 'bathroom slipper', she would catch boys wearing slippers on Saturdays and embarrass them why are you in bathroom slippers. Ya, we were allowed to go in non-uniform clothes on Saturdays. 

My superpower was being invisible. The scariest part was when I lost my super power. It was in 8th std I think. She came to my class, she looked at me and she said. Yes, cast her. She has long hair, she would make a good angel. Do I like an angel in any shape or form? But thats how I ended up with the only speaking part in the school nativity play.

I left that school after 9th. And my dad told me she was very reluctant to let me go. My dad mockingly said it looks like you are a star student in your school. Was I? Thats that. I did recieve a few merit certificates and a few books - Collected works of Sherlock Holmes twice- from her on stage on Annual days. 

Was she a great teacher. Did she inspire me? Did she push me to center stage. Dont know. But I think it does have a great impact to have a strong lady as a school head a role model maybe. 

Heart feels heavy when you feel that someone who was a constant presence for 6 years in your life, just passed away. 

The other death was of my classmate. He was in my class for 3 years. I dont think I ever spoke to him. He seemed like a nice guy. His three minutes to fame was when got married to a starlet and the controversy that followed that. It was disheartening and painful when I saw the messages posted on facebook after his passing away, like he was not a person and he didnt matter. Payment for his three minutes to fame? 

Young and old both die of sickness. Dont know how old Princi mam was. Maybe in her 60s? But still its too soon. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky or Unlucky

Good, bad and ugly part 2

For Sale